[ExI] Interesting statistic

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 23:52:53 UTC 2018

Have you any ideas on balancing the budget?  Do share please.

spike

Yes - forget about it.  Won't happen.  The only consolation I see is that
point that John Clark made about when you borrow money you pay back dollars
that are worth less than the money you have when you borrow it.  One idea:
means-based Social Security.  I love getting it but I don't need it and
regardless of having paid in to it I would do without it to help the
budget.  I would just regard the tax as going to help other people and not
something I'd get back someday.  Not likely a popular idea.  Welfare is
means-based or supposed to be.  Another - negotiate drug costs (which you
will have to get by the Repubs and good luck with that; think about it -
government employees who refuse to lower the cost of government.  I thought
the Repubs were ecstatic about lowering government costs. But no, not when
it impacts their donors - just how many lobbyists do the drug companies
have?)

bill w