[ExI] Science or Scientism?

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 17:28:34 UTC 2018

On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 10:17 AM Will Steinberg <steinberg.will at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 10:56 AM William Flynn Wallace <
> foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I think that whoever is going to refer to the split brain had better do
>> some research before posting anything.  I just get these little hints that
>> somebody doesn't know what they are talking about.
>>
>> bill w
>>

> I studied neuroscience, how about you?
>
> And I know you didn't mean this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split-brain
> when you said "split brain" but you should maybe read it as a quick
> primer.  There are plenty of fun references at the bottom if you wish to
> get more technical.

I certainly did mean split brain as in the Sperry experiments.  That was
about at the end of my academic career.  I did have some physio but did not
ever get to teach it, so I did not keep up with it.  I am sure your
knowledge is decades ahead of mine.  I do get antsy when 'minds' are
mentioned, and 'split', since there is still great confusion about the word
'schizophrenia'.  And, of course, one of the minds which are split is
nonverbal.

bill w