[ExI] Libertarian think tank

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 16:59:16 UTC 2018

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 4:08 PM Dan TheBookMan <danust2012 at gmail.com> wrote:

> *> A good litmus test these days is asking any self-identified libertarian
> if they’re for open borders.*

Or if there're for Free Trade. The trouble is the number of people that you
or I would consider libertarian are vastly outnumbered by the number of
people who call themselves libertarian, as a result the word has lost its
meaning. And the Libertarian Party certainly hasn't helped, it utterly
disgraced itself in 2016.

> * > If they’re not, then they’re not a libertarian. *

And if they believe in even 5% of what Trump says or believe in "alternate
facts" then they don't believe in the Scientific Method, and for me that
outranks even libertarian philosophy; the only thing that outranks that is
direct experience.

John K Clark