[ExI] Gene drift

Tara Maya tara at taramayastales.com
Wed Nov 14 17:03:29 UTC 2018

Smart people without children are a danger to the planet.

Having children invests your interest in a human future. Having no children means you don’t care if you destroy that future. That’s motive.

Brains gives you the means, and all that remains is opportunity to come along to invest in a future which is very hostile to human well-being.

I don’t trust politicians with no children, especially. And if a roboticist with no children started praising some AI, I would be very suspicious. Why should I trust that he wants the kind of future in which my children can thrive? He has zero stake in it. It’s even worse if his biological urge to protect the next generation has been usurped by a robot parasite.

:P

Tara