[ExI] Transparent Society problem

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Nov 17 14:27:17 UTC 2018

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of BillK

Subject: Re: [ExI] Transparent Society problem

On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 at 19:16, BillK  wrote:
> At private parties or discussions everyone carries a smartphone and is
> continually playing with it.

And in Illinois ----
<https://www.illinoispolicy.org/illinois-school-district-drops-controversial-eavesdropping-case-against-former-student/>

Further, First Amendment advocates and other legal experts think the state’s eavesdropping law could be vulnerable to a constitutional challenge.

We had better be on our best behaviour at all times!
All that continual niceness will be rather exhausting.  :)

BillK

Good for them, and well done indeed, First Amendment jockeys.  I am with you all the way.

Reasoning: we must accept and embrace the notion that we are living in an age of increasing transparency and accountability.  We have free speech; we cannot be prosecuted for what we say, in public or in private.  With that right comes responsibility and accountability.  People have digital recorders.  My own doctor wears a Google Glass during my checkup, so everything I said and the video of my nekkid butt is all digitally recorded.  She asked if I minded her using it; I clearly advocated the use of digital tech: it protects all parties, at the expense of privacy.  I am an openness kind of guy.  It was one of the few things Julian Assange and I agreed upon back in the old days: sunshine is the best disinfectant.