[ExI] 536 famine

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 04:12:11 UTC 2018

John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

> I worry about lake Toba ( formally Mount Toba) in Indonesia which blew up
74,000 years ago, it was the largest volcanic eruption in the last 2
millions years. But humanity survived, although I'm sure it wasn't much fun
for those around at the time.

To the extent we can tell about those times, they don't look so bad.

https://gizmodo.com/these-early-humans-prospered-during-what-should-have-be-1823697164

Unless we upload or otherwise cut our connection with the natural
world, sooner or later there will be one of these volcanic/climate
disasters.

If humanity was facing this problem today what would we do?

Keith