[ExI] Army might have found its new rifle in Colorado Springs garage

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 10:29:13 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2 Oct 2018 at 03:12, John Grigg  wrote:

> "The Army adopted its battle rifle in 1963 and has spent 55 years looking for a replacement for the M-16 and its variants.
>
> They might have found it in Martin Grier’s Colorado Springs garage. Grier, a self-described inventor who has worked at a local bed and breakfast, built the new “ribbon gun” with a hobbyist’s tools. It looks like a space-age toy drawn by a fifth-grader.
>
> But goofy origins and cartoon-looks aside, this could be the gun of the future. The Army is studying Grier’s gun and has ordered a military-grade prototype."
>
> https://americanmilitarynews.com/2018/10/army-might-have-found-its-new-rifle-in-colorado-springs-garage/?utm_campaign=DailyEmails&utm_source=AM_Email&utm_medium=email

Interesting. When I tried to follow this link (from London, UK) I
received a notice that due to EU GDPR law this page was not available
to any EU citizens.
What's the point of that? Don't they know how the Internet works?

A search immediately finds alternatives.

<https://web.archive.org/web/20181001060638/https://gazette.com/military/army-might-have-found-its-new-rifle-in-colorado-springs/article_96cd214c-c290-11e8-9d41-27b5a0e767a4.html>
You could get clever by changing your IP address to a USA proxy, but
no need in this case.

Maybe it is just a CYA notice in case there are any EU GDPR problems.  :)

BillK