[ExI] Perjury

SR Ballard sen.otaku at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 23:58:27 UTC 2018

I’m not Natasha of course, but as a woman who has experienced sexual assault, I can firmly say that you do not necessarily remember every detail of what happened, such as the date or time.

I remember mine only by accident, as it was so late on Thursday night that it was actually Friday the thirteenth, somewhat around the “witching hour”, or about 3:00 or so. It was my last year of high school (2012-2013), I was finally 18, so it was at least October. However my dad threatened to kill me so I moved into a women’s shelter for three months.

But I just double-checked and there were no Friday the 13ths during the period where this happened. So does that mean I wasn’t assaulted just because I can’t remember the date? Or the exact group of people I was with before? Or the exact words I said to him?

I do however remember getting 100% on my exam (that I was 90 minutes late for) the next morning, and calling my friend to buy me plan B. Highest score in 3 years for my school. The guy who cheated off me got 93. I don’t remember his name, but he was nice and needed a diploma so he could get a good spot in something-or-other to support his girlfriend and baby.

But if your friend is always right, well, then you should trust her. I don’t know. I didn’t watch the testament of either one of them because I’ve tried to stop watching the news. Too stressful for me.

I have serious concerns about the #metoo movement, I feel like it’s beginning to become (or has become) a panic or hysteria almost, but it’s social suicide to mention that among both my family and my friend group. I wasn’t alive then, but it reminds me of news clips I have watched and read about the Satanic Panic in the 80s. TBH I wish I could associate with people who were more open minded. “Lefty” culture, at least in the 20-30 y/o range has become intolerably toxic and in a way shockingly anti-intellectual.

-SR Ballard