[ExI] [Exl] MIT - Self-healing material can build itself from carbon in the air

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 21:33:00 UTC 2018

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 6:44 AM <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:
> Our  local governments make their living by promising to fix roads if we pass the latest absurd bond measure.  Self-patching roads would destroy local government.

Some might view that as a good thing.  ;)

That said, what happens if we set up self-patching roads which need
"maintenance" - gardening, much cheaper than now - yet local
governments continue to propose the same size bond measures?
Increasing income doesn't always mean increasing revenue; lowering
costs while delivering the same quality of service works too.