[ExI] From Arms Race to Joint Venture

Zero Powers zero.powers at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 19:51:35 UTC 2018

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 12:24 PM William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Would you settle for analyzing diagnostic imaging and making accurate
> diagnoses?
>
> I wish that AI would almost totally take over the entire field of
> medicine.  Physicians have an impossible job:  keeping up with the
> research.  I read things in the newspapers and ask my physician about them
> and they don't know.  I have been misdiagnosed several times and very major
> consequences.  I saw an xray with my kidney stone clearly on it and the
> radiologist saw nothing.

And there's the rub. We all want AI to take over those jobs they can do
better than humans, except for those  particular jobs that pay our bills.
I'm all for AI putting doctors, factory workers, truckers and Uber drivers
out of work. But when it comes to lawyers, well that's just going to far!

You can guess what I do for a living lol

*0**0*