[ExI] From Quantum Computing to a Quantum Internet—a Roadmap

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 19:41:58 UTC 2018

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 8:22 PM John Grigg <possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com>
wrote:

*> Quantum computers are making all the headlines these days, but quantum
> communication technology may actually be closer to practical
> implementation.*I don't see what point there would be in making a

I don't see the point of building a Quantum Internet unless Quantum
Computers were close to practical implementation because its only advantage
is its ability to supply secure encryption even if your opponent has a
Quantum Computer.

Incidentally American companies are starting to fall behind in the race to
build the first practical Quantum Computer because there are less than a
thousand experts in this field in the entire world and Trump's State
Department is reluctant to approve visas to foreign scientists so they can work
in the USA.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/21/technology/quantum-computing-jobs-immigration-visas.html?action=click&module=Well&pgtype=Homepage&section=Technology

John K Clark