[ExI] Parking a car with 12 neurons

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 17:13:57 UTC 2018

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 11:40 AM Dave Sill <sparge at gmail.com> wrote:

> >>How free is a person who cannot put food on the table for his family?
>>

> >One can be both free and poor.

You can't be free and dead, and before they starve to death people are
going to start to behave very very unpleasantly. Libertarians and anybody
else that ignores that fact does so at their peril.

> As long as it's truly voluntary. But that's not a rights infringement.
> Wealth and freedom aren't interchangeable.

Try pointing out the finer points of libertarian philosophy to a starving
lynch mob and see how far you get. Philosophy is all very nice but if you
and your entire family are living in the dirt and on the verge of death you
will have other things on your mind, so don't think just because you don't
operate a vehicle for a living you won't be in that lynch mob yourself. I
certainly would be. All jobs will eventually go the way of the VHS repair
man, Blockbuster clerk and truck driver. I predict one of the last jobs to
be automated will be an attendant in a old age home, but that job will
vanish too with time.

John K Clark