[ExI] Maximum Jailbreak, and the legacy of Stephen

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 14:05:28 UTC 2018

adrian wrote:  The only way to hold them there is to build an effective
social unit. That requires a lot more than 70 people.  Personally, I'd say
don't try it with less than 10,000, preferably at least 100,000

>From what I have read, the authors have thought that the bands/tribes we
formed,  ran to about 150 people. They argued that a person could learn all
the names of that many.   Archaeological findings, I assume.

But I assume that we would want many more than that in a space colony, and
so different pods could be constructed.  But to me, that would create a
danger of the 'us/them' problem and contention between the groups.

bill w