[ExI] opinion

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Oct 26 05:28:23 UTC 2018

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
Adrian Tymes

Subject: Re: [ExI] opinion

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 5:49 PM William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:
>>... Is the ultimate irony ...

>...In truth, as regards to that instance I was a typical teenage boy.  I
took it as a compliment, and would not have objected had any of them wished
to continue.  But those who prefer to see victims won't see that unless I
tell them (and possibly even then).  Reality filters are a thing.

Ja, we have an internal inconsistency in the western world we aren't any
closer to resolving.  We want to pretend that men and women really are the
same thing inside, completely interchangeable except for the reproductive
organs.  We have transgender wrestlers and bicycle racers starting to
dominate women's divisions, and we can pretty much extrapolate where that
will end up: nearly all female athletes will be XY genetically.

We really have a hard time denying men and women are different emotionally.
I know, politically incorrect, but I am old, so I get a license to some
extent.

Adrian, in the scenario you described, I woulda likely reacted pretty
similarly.  OK now, how does it change had those four girls been four gay
men?  You (and I) would really be extremely annoyed.