[ExI] USA Robotics Week 6-14 April

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Apr 2 23:11:43 UTC 2019

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
BillK
Sent: Tuesday, April 2, 2019 2:48 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] USA Robotics Week 6-14 April

On Tue, 2 Apr 2019 at 17:19, <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

> This competition is always great fun, but I can see ways to make it
better.

Latest Boston Dynamics warehouse pallet stacking robot - Nice mover!  :)

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iV_hB08Uns>

Quote:
Boston Dynamics    Published on Mar 28, 2019

Handle is a mobile manipulation robot designed for logistics. Handle
autonomously performs mixed SKU pallet building and depalletizing after
initialization ...
-------------------

BillK

Cool thanks BillK!

It is difficult for me to watch this video without immediately envisioning
the obvious: racing these two guys against each other.

I don't mean racing them around a track...  heeeeeyyyy, that's an idea!

Well, OK that too, but we could have races to see who could build the
highest stack of boxes in the least time, that kinda stuff.

But about the other, we could race a coupla these sonsa bitches around a
roller derby track, or several of them for that matter, and make it fair
game to bump the others or to hurl the other bastard off the track and stuff
like that.  I would buy a ticket to see it.