[ExI] Opinions on Tesla Model 3?

Stuart LaForge avant at sollegro.com
Sat Apr 20 20:14:44 UTC 2019

Bill Hibbert wrote:

> I recently had the opportunity to drive a friend's Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor
> Performance. It's very tempting:
> 1. Self driving seems to work.
> 2. Very smart and helpful map display and other internal
>     electronics.
> 3. Expensive to buy but cheap to operate.
> 4. Last but surely not least: performance equal to the
>     fastest motorcycle I owned in my youth. Zero to 60
>     in about 3 seconds without the noise and frantic gear
>     shifting. Just pressed back in the seat and you're over
>     the speed limit quicker than the reaction time of your
>     foot on the accelerator.
>
> While we're waiting for significant biological enhancement, a vehicle can
> feel like an extension of your body. This Tesla is a very seductive
> extension.
>
> But, is buying a Tesla a good idea? Any advice?

If you do most of your driving in the city and have the money, then
yes. Those things have driven drunk people home practically on their
own. Not that you would need it for that purpose of course but they
are feats of modern engineering in my opinion.  I would buy one if I
could afford it. Half the hotels around here have free charging
stations. Also the Kelley Book Book gives it 4.6 out of 5 stars as as
an automobile in general.

https://www.kbb.com/tesla/model-3/

So why not?

Stuart LaForge