[ExI] How Corporate Media distorts Hawaiian Protests

SR Ballard sen.otaku at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 13:03:42 UTC 2019

> Not if you count those who vent their anger against me.

No. If you feel that way, then please prove it. Go back through this email thread and count the number of posts you have made dehumanizing the protestors and raging against their actions. Now make a separate tally for each person who says anything involving you.

I promise that you have sent more emails about it than any particular person has “against” you.

>for some reason you felt the need to write another four paragraphs

People can do that, you know? People have opinions that they like to share. That’s not a thoughtcrime. I don’t understand why you want one sentence answers when other people are trying to have a conversation. Honestly, you’re the one who is being kind of sensitive here. You blow up on anyone who refuses to rail against the protestors and you say that person must hate science, and otherwise accuse them of being a horrible person.

> barbarians

You accuse people who dislike the term barbarian to be dangerously flirting with newspeak. That’s not the case.

“a person from an alien land, culture, or group believed to be inferior, uncivilized, or violent —used chiefly in historical references”

1. “Alien land” nope, right here at home
2. “Alien culture” I suppose you see it that way, I don’t
3. “Alien group” maybe you see it that way, I don’t. I’ve met plenty of Hawaiians in my life.
4. “Inferior” I may be wrong, but I believe this usually either means “morally inferior” (ie not Xian) which I say “no” or to “technologically inferior” which is not true either. They have social media and computers etc.
5. “Uncivilized” They are part of a civilization. For the broader part they are not being “uncultured” and slinging personal ad hominems.
6. “Violent” They don’t seem very violent to me. I haven’t found any mention of them dragging scientists out of cars and attempting to beat them to death or sexually assault them or other similar things that happen to medical aid workers in Africa. They’ve been arrested, yes, but not for violence.

“barbarous person : a rude, crude, uneducated, or uncivilized person”

1. “Rude” they don’t seem to be personally rude.
2. “Crude” I haven’t heard any crass jokes
3. “Uneducated” perhaps you believe they were failed by the educational system?
4. “Uncivilized” They seem to be staging a non-violent protest. Seems quite civilized to me. No, they’re not following the judgement, but people were breaking the law by trying to desegregate places as well. Breaking the law doesn’t automatically mean morality or immortality. It depends on the circumstances.

SR Ballard