[ExI] women

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 15:20:51 UTC 2019

That would be easy to test: Do taller than average females have higher testosterone levels and shorter than average males have lower testosterone levels? I’m sure someone has done studies...

By the way, the relationship appears a bit more complicated:

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0020533

Note the hypothesis at the end there: males have slower maturation to slow down their height increase to historically minimize maternal cost. (Why not parental cost — as humans _historically_ have both parents involved in childcare?)

See also:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/02/140207083836.htm

Since generic and hormonal factors aren’t outside social influence and since food consumption also influences height, there’s also the issue that males tend to be better fed than females. Cf., e.g.,

Regards,

Dan
   Sample my Kindle books at:
http://author.to/DanUst