[ExI] Why are women's clothing so much more flamboyant than men's?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Dec 15 23:09:27 UTC 2019

>… On Behalf Of John Clark via extropy-chat
: [ExI] Why are women's clothing so much more flamboyant than men's?

>From the antlers of elk to the plumage of birds to the coloration of fish, males are almost always much more flamboyant than females, but it's not true for our own species. When I Googled "business women's pant suit" I got images of women in hot pink

 <https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fae01.alicdn.com%2Fkf%2FHTB18jyMluGSBuNjSspbq6AiipXao.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.aliexpress.com%2Fitem%2FNew-Hot-Pink-Business-Women-Pants-Suit-Custom-Size-Ladies-Wedding-Dinner-Prom-Outfit-2-Pcs%2F32863886571.html&tbnid=ZXMMu4THqzVHOM&vet=12ahUKEwi89O_41LjmAhWNUawKHSY4Bc8QMygiegUIARCzAg..i&docid=vqVebmPTsRszAM&w=800&h=1394&q=business%20women%27s%20pant%20suit&ved=2ahUKEwi89O_41LjmAhWNUawKHSY4Bc8QMygiegUIARCzAg> Hot Pink

And bright red

Bright Red <https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.legalleeblonde.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F12%2Fholiday-season-work-day-outfit-1440x2160.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.legalleeblonde.com%2F2018%2F12%2Fwhat-to-wear-work-today-womens-red-pant-suit-holiday-giveaway.html&tbnid=n5onKC7e60t8JM&vet=12ahUKEwjc-6KO07jmAhUFiqwKHZuhCDkQMyg1egUIARDvAg..i&docid=8AQqlxjksQ5yeM&w=1440&h=2160&q=working%20women%27s%20pant%20suit&ved=2ahUKEwjc-6KO07jmAhUFiqwKHZuhCDkQMyg1egUIARDvAg>

And vivid Yellow

 <https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fbecomechic.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F06%2FStylish-Womens-Suits-For-Work-4.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fbecomechic.com%2Fstylish-womens-pant-suits-for-work%2F&tbnid=vCj_9P3HmtslwM&vet=12ahUKEwjc-6KO07jmAhUFiqwKHZuhCDkQMyhAegUIARCFAw..i&docid=hoBKUw2w7AgsaM&w=633&h=949&q=working%20women%27s%20pant%20suit&ved=2ahUKEwjc-6KO07jmAhUFiqwKHZuhCDkQMyhAegUIARCFAw> Vivid Yellow

I can't imagine a male IBM executive showing up to a meeting in a hot pink suit even if he had a standard black tie. But why not?

John K Clark

Ah John, you are soooo not a hipster.  Even stodgy old Uncle spike is far hipper than thou, me lad.  I am a hipster daddio in comparison to your paltry L7 mayor of Squaresville approach to the question, for we hipsters have already solved this and every related question by merely taking to the logical conclusion the concept of complete acceptance and inclusion.

Gender is a fiction.  Strike it from your mind completely.  The notion is a completely artificial distinction, created to explain why some humans bear babies and others do not.  Reject that theory.  Be free of sexism.  Rid your language of any reference to gender.  If you are a speaker of Spanish or any of those non-hip languages, replace all those retro las and els with good new inclusive unisex thes.  Even the notion leads ignorant children to ask such absurdities as “Why are men generally taller than women?” and other such faulty-assumption inquiries.  The children of course will be indoctrinated until they know that men and women do not differ in height as far as can be scientifically determined.  They may look at you like you have lost your mind of course, but raising children takes patience.

The people in those three links you sent are all unknown gender, regardless of how pleasant it is to gaze on all three, particularly that person in yellow (it has such a pleasant smile, mercy, my heart flutters!)

Declaring all humans genderless has ended sexism, and solved so many related problems.  I predict the notion will soon be generalized to end racism as well.

John your subject line contains two undefined terms.  Please clarify.