[ExI] some dismal facts about humans

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Dec 17 01:21:21 UTC 2019

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2019 4:16 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
Subject: [ExI] some dismal facts about humans

https://digest.bps.org.uk/2018/10/12/what-are-we-like-10-psychology-findings-that-reveal-the-worst-of-human-nature/

My list of the worst things:

1 - the tendency of people to judge others and to judge issues quickly and in accurately

2 - the overgeneralization and over discrimination of the above conclusions

3 - all the unfortunate facts about our tendencies towards other cognitive errors

4 - the myth that we only use 10% of our minds actually seems rather accurate

5 - we only produce great results when we are pushed hard

bill w

BillW, your list of worst things is evidence that humanity has succeeded.  Nowhere on your list is brutal attack by revenge-seeking natives, cholera, crop failure, locust plagues, that sorta thing.  All of your list is way the heck up at the peak of Mazlow’s hierarchy, the self-actualization stuff.

Life… is…  gooooood…