[ExI] Merry Newtonmas

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 18:58:09 UTC 2019

> Merry Christmas
>
> So, whatever happened to Newtonmas?

We of Northern genes think of the people who celebrated winter festival.
It was the start of
Winter, of cold and not much fire, of stretching food out in hopes of
living to Spring, of digging graves in the Northern parts where the ground
froze so as not to leave corpses until Spring, of the courage of those who
will brave the winter conditions.  They were celebrating making it this far
and hoping for more.  It was a mixture of hope and grimness.  The last
hurrah for many - a Spring they would never see.  We came from a long line
of hope and patience and bravery and stalwartness.  Here's to them.  Thank
you.    bill w