[ExI] Fwd: Chalmers

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 02:13:24 UTC 2019

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 6:32 PM Brent Allsop via extropy-chat <

*> So you take a module that correctly says (outputs) that the one on the
> left is red and the one on the right is green. Then you swap that with an
> inverted qualia version of the same.  It produces the same output.*

In the first case 1 corresponds to the color of a ripe tomato and 0
corresponds to the color of a leaf, so if you invert the qualia then 1
corresponds to the  color of a leaf and 0 corresponds to the color of a
tomato, if it's then shown 2 wires and asked to point to the one that is
the color of a tomato and the one that is the color of a leaf the output is
exactly the same as before the inversion and the functionality identical.
And as far as experiencing qualia is concerned no subjective change has
been made at all, unless it was told as long as the naming convention had
been updated in it's memory the AI couldn't even tell that a change or any
sort had happened. In fact the conscious AI may not know anything about
zeros and ones, it might know as little about how computers work as we know
about how the biochemistry of the brain works.

John K Clark