[ExI] The Thirty Meter Telescope is now officially dead

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 12:53:40 UTC 2019

On Thu, Dec 26, 2019 at 4:35 AM Rafal Smigrodzki via extropy-chat <

> *### I sure understand their emotions and I despise those emotions too.*

Well said!

*> There is no reason why understanding evil should lead to acceptance of
> evil, should it?*

No logical reason whatsoever. If somebody's actions will obviously lead to
a net increase in the amount of ignorance in the world and without even a
hint of a compensating advantage then I have absolutely no problem with
labeling that action as evil; and it's nice to see someone else who isn't
afraid to use that word when it's appropriate as it certainly is in the
case of the destruction of the Thirty Meter Telescope.

 John K Clark