[ExI] The Thirty Meter Telescope is now officially dead

ddraig@pobox.com ddraig at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 03:48:11 UTC 2019

On Tue, 31 Dec 2019 at 12:21, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 4:58 PM ddraig--- via extropy-chat <

>>> John, no one here is sticking up for the mob, not one person.  Everyone
>>> here wants the telescope.
>>>

>>> I sincerely recommend you take some time from gazing at the heavens and
>>> gaze deeply within yourself.
>>>

>> Does he do this often? Just ignore what people are saying and argue
>> against the distorted image he has built in his head?
>>

> Often enough that I ignore some of his posts.  He's not as bad about it as
> Trump is, fortunately.

He reminds me of my Dad. Halfway through *the first sentence* he has
already guessed ahead to what you obviously are going to say (which is is
always incorrect) and then goes on a virulent tirade against what you were
never going to say in the first place.  And then it's impossible to correct
his internal model of your internal model (!) so I usually just give up.
Which I've pretty much done here.  Sleep apnoea is a vicious condition.

Dwayne
--
  ddraig at pobox.com irc.bluesphereweb.com #dna
         ...r.e.t.u.r.n....t.o....t.h.e....s.o.u.r.c.e...