[ExI] Happy 2020, and welcome to the magic twenties

Bill Hibbard hibbard at wisc.edu
Tue Dec 31 16:40:26 UTC 2019

Very interesting article. All the best for the new year.

I agree that we're not close to conscious AI and mind
uploading, but think that the 2020s will be magic
because of dramatic, even shocking progress with AI.
Ray Kurzweil predicted human level AI by 2029 based on
physical computational ability. If he's too optimistic
it is still true that intelligence is composed of many
different skills. An AI that doesn't equal us in all
skills may still shock us with some of its skills.
Hold on tight because it's coming.