[ExI] China SPS by 2025

David Lubkin lubkin at unreasonable.com
Mon Feb 18 16:09:16 UTC 2019

I wrote:

>>Initially, they plan to develop a smaller power station in the
>>stratosphere between 2021 and 2025, a 1 megawatt-level solar
>>facility in space by 2030, and eventually larger generators,
>>according to the state-backed Science and Technology Daily.

I still have my copies of the GAO reports studying Solar Power
Satellites from forty years ago. I'm glad to see someone doing this;
perhaps it will finally motivate the free world to develop this too.
(I do not regard the PRC as free, although it is freer than its worst.)

If they meet the 2030 goal, how soon before they can field a gigawatt facility?

-- David.