[ExI] Robust Mouse Rejuvenation within the next 3 or so years?

Adam A. Ford tech101 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 22:21:55 UTC 2019

For all those who love life, this should come as a pleasant reminder that
there is good chance we will have a lot more life to love in the future -
in an interview conducted a couple of days ago
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMFST20xHwk> Aubrey there was a lot of
good news - one of them being is that Aubrey now sees that there is a 50/50
change of achieving Robust Mouse Rejuvenation
<https://www.fightaging.org/archives/2014/04/what-is-robust-mouse-rejuvenation-and-why-should-we-care/>
within 3 years from now (note that in my interview last year his guess was
that there would be a 50/50 chance that RBR would be 5-6 years away, and
for a while before that he had stuck to 10 years away) - all of this was
based on adequate funding of course. RBR is a significant milestone in that
if achieved, would demonstrate to the wider scientific community that
achieving longer healthy lives is not a pipe dream! If scientists are
convinced, then it ought to be much easier to convince the wider pubic -
then the wider public will likely put pressure on politicians to make
rejuvenation therapy research a major priority!

Aubrey de Grey - Update on Anti-Aging Research
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMFST20xHwk>
Kind regards,

Adam A. Ford
AU Mobile +61 421 979977

Chair - Science, Technology & the Future <http://scifuture.org>

* Science, Technology & the Future <http://scifuture.org>* (Meetup
<http://www.meetup.com/Science-Technology-and-the-Future> / Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScienceTechnologyFuture> / YouTube
Instagram <http://isntagram.com/scifuture>)

SciFuture <http://scifuture.org> | H+ Australia
<http://hplusconf.com.au> | Singularity
Summit Australia <http://singularitysummit.com.au> | Twitter
<http://twitter.com/adam_ford> | YouTube
<http://youtube.com/TheRationalFuture>

"A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move
toward higher levels." ("Atomic Education Urged by Albert Einstein", New
York Times, 25 May 1946)

<http://hplusconf.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/H+logo_mauve_embossed_dropshadow_trans.png>