[ExI] USA Census Projections and consequences

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 13:57:34 UTC 2019

Census Bureau, Treasury, Energy Information Administration (EIA)
Detail American Insolvency
Friday, February 22, 2019

<https://econimica.blogspot.com/2019/02/census-bureau-treasury-eia-detail.html>

Some Quotes:
According to the latest 2017 Census projection, the Census expects a
near halving of population growth...or 50 million fewer Americans than
it expected just 8 years earlier.  But critically, nearly all the
projected declines are among the under 45 year old population while
the 65+ year old population growth is still on track to swell.

But which age segments were reduced should send shivers down Americans
spines when considering economic growth, unfunded liabilities, and
debt service/repayment.  Growth among the 0-17 year old population has
been slashed by 84%, the 15 to 44 year old child bearing population
reduced by 60%, the post child bearing 45-64 year old population over
a 20% reduction, but the 65+ year old elderly have only been reduced
by 7%.

Conclusion:
The US Treasury is telling you that between the federal debt and
unfunded liabilities, the US is $75 trillion in the hole and despite
rising tax receipts, record stock and real estate valuations...the US
is bankrupt.  Of course, the US can never "technically" go bankrupt as
it will issue new debt at an accelerating rate to pay the old
debt...but this has been the "end times" for every empire.  Debasement
(or Modern Monetary Theory, as it is currently being rebranded) is the
functional equivalent of national bankruptcy, the only means to pay
the bills is creation of new debt at an accelerating rate.
The US situation and reaction is not unlike most of the developed and
developing nations of the world, as I detailed recently HERE.

The problem with creating life extension is that we need to also
create some method of supporting a large non-childbearing population.
There will need to be a big reinvention of our economic systems.
Some might call it a Singularity..........

BillK