[ExI] The hits just keep on coming

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 22:04:36 UTC 2019

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 12:31 PM Dan TheBookMan <danust2012 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Naturally, I meant genes that aren’t solely limited to development here. If Wikipedia is to be trusted here*, it seems like CCR5 is active after development, so there’s that. Even if it’s not, then there others, surely, that might tweaked. And, if that’s so and these can have a big impact in short order, then there’s room for some sort of bio-Singularity.

That's a gene involved in maintenance.  To have a bio-Singularity of
the type you describe, you'd need a gene involved in building the
brain - but by the time you're an adult, your brain is mostly already
built, and the things that influence it from then on either aren't
genetic at all, or are the result of genes that have largely already
done their jobs.