[ExI] antivirus

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 19:32:00 UTC 2019

John - I bought a Powermac awhile back - $4000.  When asked if I wanted a
protection program for $300 I said "What do I get?"  He said "Peace of
mind."  Sold.

So it went back to the factory after one year.  AGain after two years.
Again in the third year.  Just after the protection elapsed, the screen
quit and it cost over $600 just for the part.  That was the end of Apple
for me.  I realize that it's just the best now, but I harbor a grudge, and
Wallaces don't forget or forgive!!  (I have a desktop unit that is the last
one I will buy, so I am stuck with Windows - no, forget Linux - my brain is
too old, never mind my wife's)

dave - my wife uses the Windows machines.  I use a Chromebook, which needs
no AV.  You just never know when the cute cat pictures come with malware,
so she has to have something.  I will try the Clamwin thing - best free one
I assume, since you are recommending it.

As for backing up, I put my stuff in Google Drive.  I am not sure what to
back up on the windows machines if all the data is in the cloud, like
Google Drive.  I have not backed up anything for a long time and have not
had a need for it, so ????  Is all the data from Quicken in the cloud too?

Thanks!  bill w