[ExI] quora question

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 11:37:53 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 7:29 PM William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have been involved in computers, software only, since 1980.   The
> question is: what is the easiest way to get a nontechnical person online?
> Some of you may have tried with your grandfather or someone like that, and
> may be able to tell me so I can answer that person's question.  I have not
> tried to do this with anyone.

As Adrian said, it depends on the person and what they need/want to do, but
my go-to answer is a Chromebook. It's about as simple as it gets. Even with
a CS degree and a long career as a computing professional, I use a
Chromebook at home. (Not exclusively; I also have a home-built Linux
Desktop and an Android phone).

-Dave