[ExI] Cold fusion

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Jun 11 18:56:09 UTC 2019

If I may offer a possible modification of John’s notion, a white raven?  It would allude to Poe’s raven whose comment nevermore has a delightfully ambiguous meaning.

On the other hand, that would give away the usual bad-news connotation as found in Crosby, Stills & Nash (assuming you are old enough) collaboration with Jackson Browne, to produce Crow on the Cradle, where the crow foretells bad futures ahead.

In the old days of my misspent youth, there was a legendary caladrius bird, which was said to perch on the foot of the sick bed.  If the caladrius faced the patient, he would survive.  If it faced away, the hapless prole would perish.  However… the caladrius is white.  Ravens and crows are always black.

OK, I have the answer: we figure out a way to genetically modify a raven so that it is white, sell them as novelty pets, make a buttload.

spike