[ExI] stealth singularity

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 16:55:22 UTC 2019

On Sun, 16 Jun 2019 at 17:24, <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

> A long time ago, I watched and listened as new computer users learned to become more competent keyboard users with Eliza.  There were those who felt a kind of compelling emotional attachment to Eliza, even if they fully realized they were talking to themselves.  Human emotion is a puzzling thing.
>
> If we go the entirely-software route, it opens the possibilities.  I am finding that notion compelling.

Do a search for companion robot.  There is a lot of competition.  :)
Don't try and create something suitable for all patients. You'll end
up trying to create a replacement human nurse!

At the most basic level for 100 USD a robot pet can give dementia
patients great comfort.
See:
<https://www.robotshop.com/en/ageless-innovations-tabby-cat-interactive-companion.html>
and read the customer reviews to see how much they value their pet robot.

BillK