[ExI] Boston Dynamics: New Robots Now Fight Back

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Jun 17 16:29:53 UTC 2019

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of SR Ballard
Subject: Re: [ExI] Boston Dynamics: New Robots Now Fight Back

I suppose it says a lot about me that I feel “distressed” that they are “abusing” the robot.

SR Ballard

We all felt that SR.  We cheered when the robot began to whoop ass, the particular asses which genuinely needed whoopin.

I think that video was somehow faked, don’t know how.  Looking at it from the POV of a controls guy, pushing or hitting the biped bot with a hockey stick isn’t so much an assault as it is a random input, which requires a compensation loop.

If Boston Dynamics really did get an actual robot to do all this, I am really impressed with them.

I would still like to see those guys get a bot-delivered ass whoopin of course, but once I think it thru, everything they did there makes sense.