[ExI] The Yamnaya question

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 18:09:03 UTC 2019

On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 5:03 PM Stuart LaForge <avant at sollegro.com> wrote:

> Rafal's hypothesis is also applicable to other historic peoples other
> than the Yamnaya. Take this guy for example.
>
> https://www.thevintagenews.com/2018/06/09/genghis-khan/
>
> The success of his genes and those of his armies would support Rafal's
> hypothesis as well.

### Indeed, while the Yamnaya may have been the most successful invaders in
history, there are many others who availed themselves of a similar
mechanism to spread their genes. I think there is an interesting analogy
here to the Zhabotinski-Belousov reactions, which occur in chemical media
with the proper levels of diffusion and may result in successive waves of
chemical changes sweeping back and forth over a space. I bet the math
describing the ZB reaction and the Yamnaya-type expansions is broadly
similar.