[ExI] ai emotions

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 17:26:44 UTC 2019

rafal wrote:  Compassion not supported by cold hard cash is a cheap thing
to offer. Maybe that's why there is so much compassion making the rounds,
without a corresponding amount of problem-solving.

I would not discount hugs.  Touching is very special to humans.
I think it is an interesting evolution question why we care about those
near to us and very little far away.
 -
I see a lot of advertising of charities, some featuring a whole page of
kids with cleft palates.  I have seen research that strongly suggests that
the charity would reap a lot more money if it were just one kid.  If too
many people are involved, then your little contribution won't really make
any difference.  I think that the charities that let a donor donate
straight to a certain individual and even exchange letters with me do
better than donations made to anonymous people.  Who could resist a Down's
Syndrome kid asking for donations at your front door?  (and why don't
they?) (yes, I know it's now supposed to be Down Syndrome but I don't know
why - are we going to change Alzheimer's disease to Alzheimer disease?
Rafal?)
bill w