[ExI] A real engineering effort

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 23:35:31 UTC 2019

Hi

Since we now seem to have a proposal (build power satellites at 2000
km or higher, chemical propulsion from LEO to 2000 km) that gets
around the space junk problem, I am seriously considering working out
a detailed plan.

After a number of years of trying to get volunteers, I fully
understand that the design effort involved needs to be compensated.

If any of you are interested in working on this project, you can post
your interest on the PSE group or send an expression of interest
directly to me.  If there are at least half a dozen interested, I will
make a try at raising enough money to pay people.  (Starting at
part-time.)

I am not sure what exact skills that will be needed.  It will involve
physical and economic models so skills in engineering and Excel or
related modeling software would be appropriate.

I just added a bunch of people to this group.  If you know anyone who
should be on the list, let them know about it.  They can add
themselves or email me a request.

Also, it is easy to get off the group, just click unsubscribe on any message.

Keith