[ExI] solution to the world ending

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Mar 3 22:11:48 UTC 2019

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of John Clark
Sent: Sunday, March 3, 2019 1:45 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] solution to the world ending

On Sun, Mar 3, 2019 at 3:05 PM <spike at rainier66.com <mailto:spike at rainier66.com> > wrote:

> she has a plan to get rid of airplanes and cows.

So says Trump State Television (aka Fox news).

 John K Clark

NPR, ja, always promoting POTUS dontchaknow.

Page 2 of 6:

https://apps.npr.org/documents/document.html?id=5729035-Green-New-Deal-FAQ

The exact quote in the Green New Deal document released by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez:

“…We set a goal to get to net-zero, rather than zero emissions in 10 years because we aren’t sure we’ll be able to fully get rid of farting cows and airplanes that fast…”

OK then.  My question for Green New Dealers: if we are shooting for net-zero emissions rather than zero emissions, why would we need to get rid of either farting cows or planes?  If we are shooting for net zero, that shouldn’t be hard to do.  We might be able to do it without any really significant changes in our style really.  We would need to divert a lot, a looooot of fresh water inland.  We would need to stop dumping fresh water into the sea.  We could use that water to support something really bio-massy like kudzu.  This would draw down so much CO2, we could make it to carbon emissions net zero that way.  We could keep our farting cows and planes and still make it.