[ExI] solution to the world ending

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Mar 5 04:19:27 UTC 2019

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Stuart LaForge

>...Somebody's world is ending every second of every day, yet the world at large spins unperturbed. Where did you get this 12 year figure from?  Stuart LaForge

>From the newly-elected leader of one of the US major parties:

"Millennials, and Gen z, and all these folks that come after us, are looking up and we're like 'the world will end in 12 years if we don't address climate change, and your biggest issue is how are we gonna pay for it?'"  Rep Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez:

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/426353-ocasio-cortez-the-world-will-end-in-12-years-if-we-dont-address

Stuart I included it as a bit of humor.  I will freely confess two things: she is a cute rascal and she makes me laugh.  I can watch her speeches with the sound muted.  She's about 3 decades too young for my taste, but I can envision what she will look like 30 yrs from now.  With the sound muted...

A characteristic of kids is they don't realize how short a time is 10 years.  Not much changes in 10 years.  Internet time it is forever.  Technology time, it is a lot.  Nature... doesn't even notice 10 years go by.