[ExI] Presidential overstep

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 14:30:03 UTC 2019

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 11:56 PM <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

> *>…*declare the election null and void, lock up his political opponent who
>> won

*> US presidents don’t have the power to do that.*

I know, but US dictators do.

> *He could make fiery speeches.  POTUSes can’t get someone arrested.*

I know, but US dictators can. You keep saying Trump can not do stuff
because a piece of paper called the Constitution says its against the
rules, but a piece of paper can't stop him only people can, so who exactly
are these people? The Republicans in congress? I don't think so!  The
Supreme Court? Trump has expressed his admiration of President Andrew
Jackson and Jackson's most famous quote is "The Supreme Court has made its
decision now let them enforce it".

John K Clark