[ExI] big rip in washing machines

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Mar 8 23:20:49 UTC 2019

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace

>…Isn't polyester the fabric that exudes very toxic smoke when burned?  I remember some time back about how many things in our living room, covered with fabric, would kill anyone smelling a lot of that smoke if the house burned…

Ja this dryer-lint test was easy.  I already knew that cotton burns with an almost odorless or slightly woody smelling white smoke.  Polyester burns with an acrid black smoke.  I recently taught scouts how to secure the end of a rope from unravelling by burning the end.  But do it outdoors, preferably on a breezy day.

>…We complement one another:  you are one fount of trivial information… bill w

BillW, we both complement and compliment each other.

I must say in all modesty, I am often referred to as an enormous suppository of knowledge.  I always wanted to be an enormous suppository.