[ExI] Life extension - but what about Alzheimer's?

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 22:37:01 UTC 2019

you can do the equivalent of counselling (costing
a few hundred, maybe a few thousands, of dollars per person) and get
them active with the activities and resources already available.
Adrian
I totally agree. Just one thing:  there is and always has been a stigma
attached to any sort of counseling, therapy and the like.  People associate
it with mental illness, which is not surprising.

One good thing: there is now and has been for a decade or so, a big push in
psychology, called positive psychology, to attend to making people better -
people with no mental problems but maybe aren't enjoying life very much -
the very people you are talking about.  It will take a long time in my
estimation, for this to catch on, but look at phenomena like life coaches.
They are doing somewhat the same thing - helping average people live a more
fulfilling life - without any hint of any kind of disorder however mild.

Best done in groups, I think.  Like Weight Watchers - a good track record
for people who have trouble doing it by themselves.

bill w