[ExI] what the hell was i thinking?

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 18:22:22 UTC 2019

On Mar 14, 2019, at 10:40 AM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> p.s.  I am not a 'true' libertarian by Dan's definition, but that is more of a philosophical position than a practical one.  In fact, as a practical one, it would produce chaos, looting, murders and assaults and every other crime you can think of.  Who or what is to stop these things from happening? Get real, as we used to say long ago.

You mean none of things happen now? You kind in a society where “chaos, looting, murders and assaults and every other crime you can think of” are absent? Where exactly do you live?

Now maybe you meant to say these things would be worse in a libertarian society, but that remains to be proved and doesn’t seem an open and shut case. Why? Because there are or have been societies with lower levels of centralized authority that have lower levels of crime and violence.

> Who gets to define libertarianism?  Certainly not Dan - or me.
> bill w

Well, it’s more a matter of looking at how the term was used and originated, especially in the American context — rather than me defining it by fiat. It’s really only in the last decade or so that “libertarian” became so widely used that people who started identifying as libertarians suddenly started to be so loose that folks can pretend it’s Republican Lite or just Constitutionalist.

Regards,

Dan
   Sample my Kindle books at:
http://author.to/DanUst