[ExI] Just some thoughts, nothing new really

Stuart LaForge avant at sollegro.com
Sat May 11 19:03:16 UTC 2019

Rafal Smigrodzki wrote:

> Humans have way too little sex drive, or whatever it is that makes
> people have babies, for the modern era. Almost all societies
> afflicted by modernity start dying off.

Yes. I believe it may be more related to the overcrowding of
urbanization rather than any other particular trait of modernity per
se. It is probably some evolved feedback mechanism to prevent humans
from over-breeding like a sophisticated version of quorum signalling
in bacteria. This is a testable hypothesis. One simply has to compare
birthrates in cities with birthrates in the countryside of the same
state or region of equivalent technological advancement.

Stuart LaForge