[ExI] dead weight

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu May 16 12:55:26 UTC 2019

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 3:02 AM Stuart LaForge <avant at sollegro.com> wrote:

> *John, your positions on open borders and universal basic income are
> logically incompatible.*

I am perfectly aware those positions are incompatible, but they are not my
positions. I said strict hardcore libertarians believe in open borders, and
10 years ago I was a strict hardcore libertarian but no longer; AI
technology has moved faster than I expected and that brand of
libertarianism is no longer viable. Yes illegal immigration is on the list
of existential problems the human race must face in the next 20 years and
so is global warming, but neither one is anywhere near the top of the
list.  And one thing is certain, Trump's idiot wall will not solve any
problem on that list.

 John K Clark