[ExI] dead weight

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Fri May 17 07:23:16 UTC 2019

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 12:28 AM Will Steinberg <steinberg.will at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, May 16, 2019, 22:50 Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 8:55 AM Will Steinberg <steinberg.will at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Question with a question.
>>>

>> ### You answer first. And I want the precise answer - net negative,
>> positive, neutral, or I don't know.
>>
>> Rafal
>>

> I asked first though.  And what do you mean by negative, positive,
> neutral?  For whom?  There is no answer.  Infinite value judgments abound.
> But I am sure that Bezos dying would cause much less of an acute increase
> in the entropy of the human species than the 3.8 billion dying.

### You have a strange pattern of certitudes and agnosticisms. You are
absolutely sure Mr Bezos fuels his company by suffering but you can't say
if we all would be better or worse off if he stopped doing what he is
doing.  You even deny the possibility of answering that question in the
first place - "There is no anwer", "Infinite value judgments abound". And
right after saying you can't possibly judge anything at all, again you are
certain you want to divert the discussion to somewhere else.

I find it tedious.