[ExI] ExI] are we publishing?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue May 28 16:56:52 UTC 2019

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Dylan Distasio

>…Spike-

>…While I don't agree with it, the US is charging him under conspiracy to commit computer intrusion:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/1153486/download

Sure I get that, thanks Dylan.  But Julian’s co-conspirator did all the same things and 100 times worse.  His co-conspirator was a US citizen and had top-level clearances and did attempt to commit computer intrusion and did succeed and did leak.  The co-conspirator… who did aaaaaalllll thaaaaaat… has already been released.

So… it makes little sense to me to even attempt to charge a foreign national with something like conspiracy to commit computer intrusion, particularly in light of the fact that the intrusion they really really care about… contained no classified information and was not a secure server to start with.