[ExI] Humans are a uniquely dangerous species

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 19:39:07 UTC 2019

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 12:34 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

>  I have no doubt that we can re-create them not too long into the future.

It's pretty unlikely that we've got good DNA to work with.

> What would be the point of that?

Well, we might learn something. But would it be ethical?

Why create something that will have enough intelligence to know that it is
> inferior to us, or is that the point?

I guess it depends upon how you define superiority. It could well be that
we won out because we're the most aggressive and intolerant of competition.
It's also conceivable that by more civilized measures, some of those
species were superior to us.

-Dave