[ExI] 3d print wealth

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 17:09:44 UTC 2019

The Mona Lisa would be just another portrait of a woman, ja?
To me, that's all it is.  What would happen to the value if it was
discovered that actually the artist is an unknown person?  Drop to a few
thousand, probably.

So all this stuff my friend's neighbor collected had value only because of
the information behind it, which died with them.  Stories can be
unexpectedly lost and stories can be counterfeit.  If stories somehow
create wealth, this leads to all manner of paradox.

spike
I am not sure what paradoxes you refer to here.  You are speaking of
essences - the idea that something of Jesus remains in pieces of the True
Cross and can create miracles.  If you added up all the pieces of the True
Cross sold during the Middle Ages you would likely wind up with a number of
tons.  Essences are, like you said, only stories which could be lies.  Is
there nothing valuable that has not been faked in some way, and
successfully?  For my money - none of which will pass out of my bank
account - the entire Bible, Old and New, is stories.  Some or all of it
fiction - morality tales like Aesop.  Do you know of fan fiction?  Stories
written by live people which mimic famous writers, often dead, and their
characters, etc.  Future people may take these as the writings of the
original author.  Let me ask you:  just what is lost if that happens?
Nothing.  A good story is a good story no matter who wrote it.  Many poems
are by Anonymous.  Would they be any better if we knew that they were
written by a famous poet?  No.

bill w

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 9:57 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <