[ExI] Mathematics Risque tale :)

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 20:47:29 UTC 2019

On Wed, 30 Oct 2019 at 19:43, Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat

> Tastes change, but I see it as moral progress that rape jokes aren’t seen as funny today. (In a similar manner, reading the Iliad (I return to it from time to time), I’ve never found the scolding of Thersites funny, though it seems like that is how it’s supposed to be taken.)

I'm not sure that banning rape jokes is moral progress at a time when
rape and sexual violence is the main theme in the massively popular
Game of Thrones series. And the books have many times more such events
than the TV series. It seems to be more PC display than anything else.
And, of course, the little story has no rude words in it at all. If
the reader wants to substitute filthy words then that is their
responsibility.  Unless you are a mathematician of course - in which
case it is probably extremely erotic.  :)

BillK